The Open Source Observatory and Repository for European public administrations (OSOR.eu) supports and encourages the collaborative development and re-use of publicly-financed free, libre and open source software (F/OSS) applications developments for use in European public administrations. It is a platform for exchanging information, experiences and F/OSS-based code. It also promotes and links to the work of national repositories, encouraging the emergence of a pan-European federation of open source software repositories.
OSOR.eu provides unbiased advice and guidance on the use, development, and licensing of free and open source software. If you want to find out more about open source software, we're the people to ask. As a repository, we can also help your project build an open development community to test and use solutions, provide feedback, and contribute to improving the software's quality. OSOR.eu provides:
- A pan-European information platform, with up-to-date news and in-depth case studies on open source.
- Expert guidance and legal advice on the implementation of F/OSS solutions, including the European Union Public License (EUPL).
- Communities of interest to help you getting familiar with open source applications and projects
- A state-of-the art development environment, or ‘Forge’, along with a repository and registry for code and documentation for public administrations
- A Virtual Forge service for those organizations which would like to start their own repository of OSS applications for public administrations, but lack the resources to set up the necessary infrastructure.
- A project search tool covering numerous federated national forges in Europe.