The Morfeo open source community constitutes an open ecosystem aimed to achieve the following goals:
- Define standard software applications and base platform technologies, leading to transformation of compliant products into commodities.
- Create business opportunities around defined standards.
- Ensure long-term protection of investment and innovation relying on defined standards.
Involvement of the best talent and true innovation cannot be afforded in isolation by a single organization. Recognizing this fact, Morfeo acts a catalyst for incubation of research, development and innovation projects involving:
- Companies (both, large corporations and SMEs).
- Regional Technological Centers and Clusters.
- Universities and Research Centers.
- Users, including Public Administrations.
The success of Morfeo is based on the creation of solid win-win relationships between members in any of its projects. It also relies on a common understanding about the strategic role that open source software may play in developing the core business strategy of companies and achieving a faster and more effective transference of research results into actual products.
Libresoft has collaborated in Morfeo like a member of the Qualipso Competence Center, performing two tasks in the Morfeo Sysadmin Team (Libresoft manages the IT infrastructure and provides support to the users of the Morfeo services (blog, wikis and forge) resolving questions and fixing bugs. Also, Libresoft decide about the Morfeo's community because is a active member of the Morfeo Board, the organism that manages the community around of Morfeo.