A new version of the Repository Handler has just been released, the last one
was published more than 2 years (and many commits) ago.
Thanks to the people that have contributed during this time!
The .deb and .tgz files are available at
Remember, if you find a bug please submit it to our bugzilla.
Repository Handler 0.4
New features and API changes:
* Add cat method to the API to be able to output the content of
any uri for any given revision. Implement the cat method in
cvs, svn and git backends adding tests for all of them too.
* Make get_repository_from_path() work even for deleted paths.
* Make cat() in CVS backend work even for deleted paths.
* Adds -N parameter to CVS checkout command
* Add ls command to list repository files
* Use remote/origin as default revision in Git
* Use -f option in blame command for Git. Show filename in the
original commit. By default filename is shown if there is any
line that came from a file with different name, due to rename
* Add mc parameter to blame method to detect moves and renames
* Make get_uri_for_path() work for non-dir paths
* Add -- to blame command line in Git backend. It makes git find
paths in older revisions that have been renamed, moved or
* Implement diff in Git backend
* Add get_root_dir() private function in Git backend
* Add a new method show() to get the patch of a given revision
* Implement show() both for SVN and Git backends
* The installation method now is setup.py
* Handle runtime errors of CVS and SVN commands. Fixes bug #31.
Command has been changed to allow handling errors during command
execution, instead of always raising CommandRunningError.
* Fix blame method to match parent signature both for CVS and SVN
* Fix blame method to match parent signature for SVN backend
* Fix blame when url contains an '@' for SVN. If the url or
filename contains an '@' svn fails with a syntax error because
'@' is the revision separator.
* Avoid the crash in Git when path points to a file in
get_config() and get_repository_from_path()
* Fix log command depending on git version. Since version 1.6.5
--decorate command line option accepts two parameters: short
and full. We need to use the full version which was the default
one before git 1.6.4
* Fix variable name conflict for Git backend. Spotted by Philip
* Fix variable name in cat() for Git backend. Fixes bug #244.
* Fix infinite loop when uri is invalid or doesn't contain / for
* Added how to get it
* Installation instructions
Thanks to all contributors:
* Carlos García Campos
* Jesús M. Gonzalez-Barahon
* Santiago Dueñas
* Philip Makedonski
* Juan F. Gato Luis